Friday 6 November 2015

Creamy Cauliflower Soup with Roasted Chickpeas and Local Artisan Bread

It’s been a while since I have posted on the blog, but I guess better late than never!

A lot has happened since my last post in the spring.  I have been busy with family trips, moving, my sister getting married, starting a new business and trying to take on each challenge as it comes in the best way I can.


Life is so busy and I have realized lately that if we don’t take time for ourselves by reflecting on what we are grateful for, we can lose touch with what is most important around us.  Food can bring us together, divide us, start traditions and warm our soul.  Food is so important that I feel it’s underrated most of the time, to the point that food can be used as a weapon for judgement and harm.  When did we stop giving ourselves permission to stop enjoying our food in a healthy way, rather than using it as a weapon of psychological warfare on our self-esteem?  Food needs to be good again, and I’m not talking about fast food, I’m talking about the home-made/local options that are out there that give us so much more variety.



So this recipe is for the humble heart and warm soul seeking peace on a quiet fall evening.  I guess what I’m trying to say is… enjoy the small moments in life; we don’t get very much of them!




Enjoy!
Kyra

**This recipe can be found here: The Vintage Mixer
Note: I didn’t have enough carrots, so I had 1lb carrots and 1lb cauliflower.  The cauliflower helped with the creaminess of the soup and it tasted just as good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment